Sunday, April 19, 2009

Happy B-day Delaney

My girl is turning 14. She is already taller, smarter, and more well-read at 14 than I am at almost 40! She is an excellent pianist, who spends every waking extra minute on the piano. She is an excellent French horn player. She is learning to speak French. I can't believe that I-a girl who was raised in Sterling, Alaska riding horses and 3-wheelers & eating moose meat-am raising such a sophisticated kind of girl!
Since I have previously written about Delaney's "amazingness" I won't write another big, long list of the great things about her. I do want the world (and Delaney) to know that I thank my Heavenly Father each day for sending me such an amazing girl. I love her very much & am proud of the person she is. HAPPY B-DAY DELANEY!


3 comments:

CasaJenkins said...

Happy Birthday, you sure grew up fast : )

The Valsy said...

Holy hannah. Maybe not having to ride the Sterling bus everyday has made all the difference. :)

Anonymous said...

Hey Delaney! Happy Birthday! Sorry I missed it! Hope to see you soon. (And then maybe I will think about giving you your sunglasses back) :)