Saturday, September 12, 2009

Fruits & Veggies....Oh My!

I love September when all of the fruits & veggies are ready to harvest, but at the same time I am completely overwhelmed with ALL of the fruits & veggies that need to be harvested! It seems that everything comes into season and is ready to be bottled just about the same time that I have to go back to school. We spent all day last Saturday bottling 40 quarts of peaches, 15 quarts of green beans, blanching & freezing 20 quarts of corn, and picking one of the apple trees. I haven't even been able to touch the tomatoes yet, but I have had many neighbors who have been using them for salsa & spaghetti sauce. I shouldn't complain---it makes me very happy to see my food storage room filling up with yummy things from the garden!
Addy & her friend Minju picked the apples from one of the trees.

Delaney was a huge help with the peaches.

The peach tree was so heavy with peaches that Darren had to support one of the branches with a 2X4.

Here are just a few of the green beans from the garden.












1 comment:

Stirling's said...

You are awesome Sheri! You'll be grateful you did all that work this winter I'm sure!