Sunday, September 14, 2008

The Fire Pit

I have been pestering Darren for the past couple of summers to make me a fire pit. My dad has a fire pit that he made out of an old washing machine tub, and I have always loved "hanging out" around it. With the help of our friend Terry (who donated an old 50 gallon barrel) and the expertise of Roy (our peach friend), Darren and the girls made a great fire pit. We christened it last week with smores, good friends, and family.


The pit cracked a little with the first fire. Darren thinks this happened because I didn't let him "cure" the cement long enough, as I was anxious to get a fire going!

Addy can't eat smores without getting something on her face!

Delaney and her friends, Kai & Shelby, had a great time roasting marshmallows.


Darren and his "masterpiece"!

1 comment:

Lisa said...

Thanks for letting us be part of the inaugural smores night! That was so much fun! Love the fire pit!