Sunday, June 22, 2008

Smith-Morehouse Reservoir

This past week we spent two nights at the Smith-Morehouse Reservoir with Darren's family. Although I have fond memories of the many camping trips my family made in Alaska (Deep Creek being my favorite), camping is not on my list of "fun" things to do as an adult. I think it has something to do with sleeping on the ground with a back that has arthritis issues, using an outhouse (the smell never improves), not to mention all of the clean-up upon arriving home (especially the pine sap that somehow made its way onto the butt of my dog). Despite my lack of love and joy for the great outdoors, the kids had fun. Well, at least one kid. As you can see from the pictures below Addy had a great time. Delaney spent most of her time reading and wishing she had cell phone service to text her friends. She did manage to have some fun when her cousin, Nicole, taught her how to roast StarBursts.
We rented a kayak, which everybody loved.

Addy and her cousin Josh both caught Rainbow Trout.

No comments: