Sunday, June 29, 2008

Missing Alaska :(

This is the week that we usually head to Alaska. However, due to the outrageous cost of airline flights and an ailing heating/air conditioning system that needs to be replaced, we are not able to make our beloved trip this year. Here are some of the things I will miss about our AK trip:

1. Seeing the MacDaddy (TD) in action with his own little family.

2. Having my dad ask, "Hu are you going to be seeing today?" After 20 years it is still funny (but a little annoying).

3. Rafting down the Kenai with Dave & Christy without losing Darren on the Naptown Rapids.

4. Halibut fishing with Uncle Jack.

5. Shrimping with Mom and Dad.

6. Going to town with Jeannie to do "whatever".

7. Seeing my Nana.

8. Going to the cabin and stopping for ice cream at the little store in Ninilchik.

9. Watching Mom and Dad treat Harley and Duffy much better than they ever treated David, Jeannie, and I!

10. Watching my girls spend quality time at the bar with their grandparents!

I love all of you and hope to be able to make a trip next summer!

1 comment:

Ryan and Amy Harvey said...

It sound like you guys have lots of fun up there. I know how it feels to be homesick for little things like that. I hope you can go next year!