Thursday, July 10, 2008

Fun Things We Want to Do This Summer (Since we aren't going to Alaska)

A few weeks ago we each wrote down things things we wanted to do this summer. Here is our compiled family list:
Since Darren has the month of July off we are trying to squeeze in as many of these activities as we can in between the huge "honey-do" list I have for Darren and the girls. Yesterday we took the day off from the "honey-do" list, packed the cooler and beach stuff, and headed off to Pineview Reservoir. The girls and Darren spent 4 hours playing in the water and sand. I spent 4 hours with 50 SPF sunscreen under a canopy reading a book! In May I had a bit of a scare with several moles that were a bit "funky", so I am now a little paranoid about being in the sun. Although Darren and the girls applied sunscreen a couple of times they all ended up a little crispy. Addy probably got the worst of it. Delaney said that Addy looked like she had on red tights. You can see from the pictures below that a good time was had (despite the sunburns). Notice there are no pictures of me! Delaney and Darren took a couple, but since I have the password to my blog I get to choose what is posted. Addy asked me why I didn't want pictures of me in a swimsuit. I said it was because I didn't want people to see that I was a little fat. She looked at me as if to say, "Mom, I think they already know that!" Aren't kids great??!!



No comments: