Thursday, July 3, 2008

Hot & Sweaty

Our air conditioner finally gave up yesterday-it literally blew up! It shot oil and other stuff (we're not quite sure what it is) out of the air conditioning unit and all over the ground. We had hoped to not have to replace it until September, but something kept telling me to schedule an appointment with the air guy anyway. So, a few weeks ago I made an appointment for July 10th but still kept thinking that maybe I would cancel and wait until the fall. Boy, I am glad I didn't cancel!

Temperatures are expected to be at all time highs during the next couple of days, with a little reprieve over the week-end (low 90's). So...for almost the next week we will be living in the basement where it is much cooler, eating lots of popsicles, sitting in front of fans, and being very thankful for the fact that we can have central air conditioning again very soon-for the mere price of $5,400!

1 comment:

Stirling's said...

Oh Sheri, I am so sorry! you can come over here if you need to cool off!