Sunday, November 30, 2008

Thankful for the USA

We spent the week of Thanksgiving in San Diego with my parents, my brother Dave & his wife Christy, and my Uncle Jack. Each day of the week started with us crossing the border into Tijuana, where my dad has been receiving treatments for lung cancer. Crossing into Mexico each day made me recognize things that I am thankful for that I generally take for granted. Here are a few of them:
-traffic laws & people who follow them (for the most part)
-working city sewage systems that don't drain along sidewalks and city streets
-friendly officers of the law who don't wear face masks and carry assault rifles
-using the dollar without having to figure out its relationship to the peso

-

2 comments:

Stirling's said...

We were wondering if you went...sounds like an adventure! How is your dad doing? And Addy? I'm glad you made it back safely!

Lisa said...

Glad you had a safe trip. I too am grateful to live in the US. Miss you guys!